Tag: Stoves

Stoves

Benefits of using the EcoGrate product in your home

Worldwide thousands of houses have been constructed with open solid fuel fireplaces.  While an open fire may be pleasing to look at and gives the impression of a ‘cosy’ atmosphere, an open fire is one of the least efficient forms of heating. Open fireplaces have an efficiency of at best 30% resulting in the remaining 70% escaping up the chimney; this is costly not only in terms of wasted heat and poor fuel utilization but also in terms of CO2 emissions polluting our environment.

Increase the total heat of your fireplace by installing EcoGrate

EcoGrate has been developed to address this problem by using a combination of radiated and convected heat solves this problem. The end user simply takes out their old grate and puts in EcoGrate. The product has been designed in such a way that it is a complicated free installation which entails no expensive fitting costs and more importantly no alteration to your existing fireplace. Immediately the heat output from the fireplace is increased and the solid fuel been burned is utilized to its full potential. As so much less fuel is being burned there is a significant reduction in CO2 emissions. EcoGrate has been independently tested by KIWA (the official European body for testing heat appliances, U.K.) and gives out a nominal heat output of 4.85kW, making the fireplace between 2-6 times more efficient.

Average Cost Savings by Installing EcoGrate

 

Open Fire

3kg per hr = 12kg

Cost using EcoGrate

1kg per hr = 4kg

Cost Savings
4 Hrs Per Night €6 €3 €3
7 Days Per Week €42 €21 €21
1 Month Per Year €180 €90 €90
7 Months Per Year €1,260 €630 €630

Once the EcoGrate is installed in the fireplace people will benefit from immediate cost savings, as fuel usage will be less and heat output will increase dramatically. By installing EcoGrate the consumer will save on average €630 per year and the initial investment of purchasing EcoGrate will return the investment within 7 to 8 months of use. So don’t waste the heat, don’t waste the fuel! Install an EcoGrate today and make your fireplace an efficient one!